View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005   #1
howslowcanyougo
Older than Dirt...

Drives: IX EVO MR/SE
Unhappy Blown Turbo & Slowboys Reputation?

Believe it or not I was driving my Godson to Church this morning and boosting a little bit cause we were running late, and then suddenly I heard a LOUD blowoff sound except my foot wasn't off the gas! Then the car started stumbeling, running slow and weak for the next mile or so to our Church. I thought that I just lost a IC clamp or just caught a large boost leak, but my wife said I was starting to blow blue smoke? I got the car back home, and gave it a once over and couldnt see any clear boost leaks or couplers-clamps hanging off etc. I took the intake off to start a boost leak test and checked for shaft play and the damm 90 day old $1000 turbo is loose as a goose, with the shaft play is now wobbly as hell. I really did wonder about the integrity of this turbo from day one as whenever you'd run a boostleak test you could here air bubbling in the oil pan as it blew by the seals. I just spent most of Sat finally installing the PLXM300, and finally was ready for a nice tune, and now this crap! Anyway, that's the emotional vent, here's the real question: Has anyone else had any issues with Slowboy's Turbo's? and or service from "Crager?" Damm I really hope they do the righ thing here and at least repair it? Think they will they stand by their work?

Comments welcome....?

TIA.....Howie

Last edited by howslowcanyougo; 10-02-2005 at 09:55 PM..
howslowcanyougo is offline   Reply With Quote