MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Member Intros/Bios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2015   #1
ViewAskew

Drives: 2g Eclipse VR Faux/ 6g74 Swapped 8g Galant
Hi

Just want to say hi and introduce myself. I live in Iowa but was invited to the All Mitsu Cookout by M-Rod over on thegalantcenter and had a blast with my family. Such an awesome experience and everybody was so nice and inviting. Noticed a couple people wearing shirts with this website and figured I'd join to try to stay up to date with what's happening up there because my wife loves Minnesota.Anyways, gott back into the car scene around a year and a half ago with the purchase of my 02 Galant. I bought it off my friend with the 6g74 swap already done with high compression pistons, cams out of the 6g72, headers, full exhaust, and a tune to get it running. Replaced the suspension with KYB AGX struts and Eibach Pro Line springs. Also have full Prothane bushing kit to go on it. Hoping to have a 5 speed swap done this spring then have it repainted as the body is pretty beat up. Earlier last year my wife's daughter decided she wanted to sell her 97 GSX. This was her baby and my son's dream car. She got tired of the the way the car was back in 06/07 and told her husband she wanted something different for it. (He's the one that built my Galant) So they scoured the internet and saw that the 6a12tt out of a JDM Galant had the same bell housing. At that time nobody had done the swap to the best of their knowledge so the set out to find one. A whole front clip was found down in Texas so they got a trailer and headed that way. He had the motor in pretty fast but the electrical took a while because he wired in the JDM ecu because he didn't want to deal with stand alone. Once that was done, one of the turbos blew so he ordered a new one from Asia that took 6 months to get. After getting that one in the other one went so he decided to upgrade them to TD03's off of a 8g VR4. Got those in and running with a FMIC. Then gutted the interior sourcing black pieces and painting others. Had the seats wrapped in black leather with red inserts. Dropped the suspension with Tokico Illumina struts and springs. Ran a 4" exhaust back to a Magnaflow muffler. Looking to finish the interior and replacing brakes soon then on to trying to get parts from RPW. Also wanting to figure out how to tune it without going standalone and that's one of the reasons I wanted to join the forum. That and all the awesome people that we meet at the All Mitsu Cookout. Well this is long winded so thanks for allowing me to join this community.
ViewAskew is offline   Reply With Quote