MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > General Events

Old 03-01-2008   #1
hareboy1979

Street Drags In Lacrosse Wisconsin every 2nd friday of the month during summer

im trying to get some of you guys involved in this i know its a ways to drive out there but it would be awsome to have some minnesota influence besides myselfe out there.

You can drive anything from your bike, Lifted truck, Mini Van, What ever you drive you can race it there. Although the track is short for 5 measly bucks you can race your car on a track legaly and hang out with some awsome people.

Not to Mention those cheddar heads get real mad when us Mud ducks come into their house and start beating up on them.

If the conquest isnt done by May if i still got it around im takin the grand slam out there. Took my sunbird out there last year and took 3rd in the domestics class.

anyway would be awsome to see some of you out there. I saw you guys are planning a spring cruise out there next month.
hareboy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #2
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires
Re: Street Drags In Lacrosse Wisconsin every 2nd friday of the month during summer

The "drags" are 278 feet. Sounds like a waste of clutch and time to me.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #3
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc
Re: Street Drags In Lacrosse Wisconsin every 2nd friday of the month during summer

I might go to one or two.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #4
jhaan_dude

Art of War Champion! Mario Tetris 3 Champion! Yeti 1 Greece Champion!
Drives: a car

quit your bitching speed freak!!! if you dont want to go, THEN DONT POST!!!
jhaan_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #5
hareboy1979

with the practice and grudge runs you can get 20 runs in somtimes and for 5 bucks thats a heck of allot cheaper than a reckless driving ticket or speeding on the street but yeah i agree the 278 feet sucks a lil but its still a really good time they even let you take your kids in the car too

My son loves it to death
Old 03-01-2008   #6
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan_dude View Post
I appreciate him letting us know that it is only 278 ft. I was actually interested until I saw that. I thought it was probably 1/8th mile. 278' is redonkulous, I bet most cars don't get out of first! The fast cars here would be spinning the whole way down the track.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #7
Speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan_dude View Post
Um, chill out dude. I think you are a little high strung.

But for any fast car, 278 feet IS a waste of time. I can do that in an abandon parking lot for free and not have to drive a long way to do so.

My posts are a heck of a lot more constructive then what you just posted.. Get over it.
Old 03-01-2008   #8
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Yeah, I was burning all four for 300' when I had my dinky 20G. It still would be fun though, but the shift into second would kill the short times of most high powered DSM's. We shine in the last eighth mile, where we reel in the steep geared big block domestics. Cars in the 11's running 130+ traps get laughed at in the domestic camps.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #9
dsmdion

I'm there every month, it's pretty fun actually. It would be nice if there were more DSMs, they even let a talon race with the domestics because he was kickin so much ass lol. I agree though it aint worth a long ass trip if you live far away. I enjoy it, but then again I also live 10 miles from west salem where it is held.
dsmdion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #10
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

I might come down for one.
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #11
Speedfreak

Dude can't handle it, so he bans me. Grow up.

BTW, this banning thing doesn't work so well. (but I may have been grandfathered my old powers since I was the first sponsor of this site(If I remember correctly) ).
Old 03-02-2008   #12
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

^I hope so.
278 FT? a fucking sunfire? look racing is fun, but taking mini vans and other crap out there is a waste of time.
Take them shit cars deliver some pizza or something and get a sports car, any sports car then try again. I hate people like that at RF, its so gay cause you know they are there all the time just making the lines longer.
278FT? wow. This did sounds interesting though cause i love racing.
Thanks Mo for saving some of us.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #13
johnson

Drives: 90mitsu

i thought i heard somethin about this... dont they have autocross there too???
Old 03-02-2008   #14
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

On their website there is someone with a white Evo holding a trophy. Do the Evos and DSMs race in the Tuner or 4WD class?
Old 03-02-2008   #15
vassil
Been there, done that.

Send a message via MSN to vassil

The white EVO is Trevor Johnes from LaCrosse, he won that event a few times. He is the guy that now has Buschur's red roadrace EVO.

Back in 2006 Tim and I went there with his EVO and my DSM. Between the two of us we came home with 3 trophies, 1st place, 2nd place and 1st place overall. One time I was able to make it to 3rd gear, but that was kinda scary because there is a 90 degree turn at the end of that straight and my brakes sucked pretty bad

During the night I launched my car probably 50 times and was able to strip the hubs of my qusrtermaster and put a small crack in one of the disks. The tree is kinda gay as there is a red light and then a green light. There is a dude that pushes the button and you go, so it sucks because you have to kinda anticipate when he will hit the button to start the race.

Overall it was fun and the 4g63s owned everyone.
9.85@143

1G DSM Crossmembers
BulFab
vassil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #16
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

I think I heard about that. Sounds like it was pretty fun.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #17
hareboy1979

the awd's can enter into 2 classes 4 wheel drive and also tuners and there is also a buy back class and from 630-730 they do practice runs and grudge runs so you can somtimes get in 8-15 passes befor they break down into catagories which is fun.

yes the track is short but you get to hang with a bunch of people and they all share the same thing in common we all do

LOVE OF CARS

heres a dumbass video i made when i was out there last year with the conquest and the clutch was gone pretty much had to tow the damn thing outa there i was pretty excited i got the tires to break loose even though i had my azz handed to me
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dgaHHQB7OS0

not to worry though the quest is almost done motors back bored .30 over and new crank and everything is ported and polished now.
also new clutch of course.
Brother is painting it 2007 dodge charger plum crazy purple kinda gay i know but its all good
Old 03-03-2008   #18
TalonFiero
moonshine power

Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion!
Drives: 08 Saab 9-7x Aero
Send a message via AIM to TalonFiero

Holy shit thats a short race! Thanks for the vid to really put things in perspective.
TalonFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #19
DSM_421
Banned

Drives: down the middle of the fairway bitches!

I don't think most people go there to drag race, I think its more of the auto cross that draws people in.
DSM_421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #20
craig
wants to kick mark

Drives: Battery with wheels

if it wasn't such a hall I'd go check it out at least once.