MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 03-17-2004   #1
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
As some of you know I had orderd SBR's 1g FMIC kit from them in January. I was having issues with it not being sent. After a month of no helpful replies from them I contacted Paypal, they said since it was 31 days after purchase I was over their buyer complaint deadline of 30 days(dicks). They did nothing for me. So I disputed the charge on my credit card and then now I get this email from Paypal that they acknowledge my chargeback from the credit card and they said I could have contacted them to get it resolved(dicks).

Now I get an email from Mike at SBR and the following conversations ensues:

From PayPal to SBR

Dear Mike Huml,

PayPal has received a complaint from the following user regarding
merchandise not received:

From SBR To Me

Matt,

I have no problems refunding this order... however I wonder why you have not called, or answered any of our emails concerning which BOV flange, etc... you would like on your FMIC.

Regards

Mike Huml

From Me to SBR

Mike,

On five(5) occasions I have sent correspondence to you regarding the status of the order, BOV flange, and other options. You even asked me right after I purchased it what flange I wanted, I replied instantly. Three weeks later I had inquired about the status, with only a response that stated "We have a 2-3 week lead time on FMIC's, and it should be expected shortly." Then 2 weeks after the "lead time" I still had not seen the product nor a shipping confirmation number. I had once again inquired about the status of this order and got no response for a week. Then I had sent an email requesting a refund three weeks ago. Still no response. I have since filed complaints with PayPal and have an open charge dispute case with my credit card company.

I would have to say I have tried more than the average customer in getting this resolved, as SBR had come highly regarded by my fellow Minnesota DSMer's. I do no have little faith in your orginization, especially after your claim that have sent no reply to YOUR requests, when indeed it was the other way around.

You may now have to with MBNA, my credit card company, as they have already refunded my the purchase and are pursuing are resolution with you as we speak. If they have not already contacted you, I would recommend you talk to them. The only number I have for them is 1-800-421-2110.

I wish you better luck in the future with customer relations,
Matt Rodriguez

From SBR to Me

Matt,

If I had corespondence, or if you talked with someone here 5 different times... it would have thrown a red flag. Why? Because we do not even invoice your order until we have more info on your set up. So, I have no invoice on my system, just a paypal slip in my bin saying waiting on customer reply. So, I do not beleive you even gave anyone here your name, because they would have looked up your invoice, and found out you have "no" invoice which would bring them to my office asking why.

Its no big deal that you are getting a refund... that does not bother me. What bothers me is you have no ground to stand on here. If you would ahve called me this morning and asked for a refund, it would have been done with zero questions asked. That simple.

BTW. I keep my emails here on this email, none from you since the order.

Sorry for the confusion,

Mike Huml

From Me to SBR

Mike,

If you wish to attempt to discredit me that is fine. It is as simple as this, I have on a couple of occasions requested information on my order and have gotten nowhere. It is unfortunate I clean out my mailbox otherwise I would be able to prove you wrong. Now I understand what kind of businessman you are because of your attemps to knock down a paying customer. I for one am more than happy I spent my hard earned money elsewhere, and I will recommend all I know to do the same. I do find it interesting, though, that knowing you had my money you had only attempted to contact me once for the information required to process my nearly thousand dollar order, I guess I wasn't a big enough customer to be concerned about. I am sorry for any inconveinence my order may have place on you and your organization, you will not have to worry about it in the future.

Matt Rodriguez

I did end up finding three of five messages in where I attempt to figure out what is with my order and forwared them to him. IF this doesn't speak for itself here is the message DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH SBR!

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004   #2
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
I will have to add my .02c ....

I am not trying to defent SBR or anything.

I ordered my clutch on monday, it on thrusday morning, they forgot to include an alignment tool and they sent that overnight and it was here on friday morning no charge to me.

Just .02c from me.

-E
Old 03-17-2004   #3
Iceman

Maybe they really didn't get your emails.

I know my AOL mail sometimes doesn't send.... AOL than sends me mail stating it didn't send :/ (USALLY).
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004   #4
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
I have mostly had positive experiences with SBR too. The only time I had a problem was with my Wiseco pistons for my 4g64 (got them from QPR). I have ordered from them 3 times in the past with very fast service.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004   #5
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
I had heard a lot of positive things about them and like the look of their porduct which did lead me to buy from them. I was more than willing to work with them all the way to the end. If I hadn't of found a setup from QPR I still would have been interested with them. But when he basically said I was lying and it was impossible that I had sent those emails(which were replied to by them) I was furious...

Now that I have proven to him that I did reply to him everytime and sent other inquires he is trying to get me back into his kit for a discount. Maybe it is a way of making up for mistakes(which I understand due to managing a retail store for a year now) but he started it the wrong way.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004   #6
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster
Well I noticed one thing. Did you ever call them? When I was getting dicked around by the place I got my flywheel from, when I called they knew my voice when I said HI. That is how much I called them. It turned out the flywheel was back ordered but I didn't find that out till the day it shipped, poor communication. This dealing was not with SBR though.
Old 03-18-2004   #7
CopperGSX

Tournaments Won: 6

That Sucks as I have had positive experience with them. I won a set of NGK plugs from them on ebay Got them very quickly. Christmas time comes around and I got a card signed buy all of them. I think they are just growing to fast and some things are getting screwed up.
My 2 cents
Old 03-18-2004   #8
illz

having 'slow' in the company name doesn't exactly imply prompt service
Old 03-21-2004   #9
bugdoubt

Tournaments Won: 6

Quote:
Originally posted by illz@Mar 18 2004, 04:13 PM
having 'slow' in the company name doesn't exactly imply prompt service
LMAO -

Sorry to here about your poor experience with them. However, I have never had anything but prompt and efficient service from them.