MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Member Intros/Bios

Old 11-13-2006   #1
flametail

Send a message via AIM to flametail Send a message via MSN to flametail Send a message via Yahoo to flametail
Question lookin for some input

There is a guy selling 2 early 90's model Eagle Talons for $800(both) near where I live...there are some problems though...one is a TSi AWD and the other is the TSI FWD. The story behind the TSi AWD is that he turned the boost up too high and messed something in the engine up and now it is only running on 2 cylinders...and barely running. That seems to be the only problem besides some interior stuff. So my questions are:

What would have to be done to fix the problem?

Would it be worth buying 2 cars for $800?

If I did buy both of the cars, since both engines are turbos, would I be able to just swap the good engine for the bad one?

Please get back to me with more info so I can be enlightened.
flametail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #2
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: lookin for some input

Its tough to say what happened to the one engine, it could be one or many of numerous issues from very minor to very major. You can swap the good engine in for the bad engine though, but reuse the flywheel and motor-mounts from the AWD since they are different from the FWD.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #3
flametail

Send a message via AIM to flametail Send a message via MSN to flametail Send a message via Yahoo to flametail

The transmission holes will still line up right, right? I want to make sure before I relay this information over to my dad since he is the one who will be making the purchase. I figured that since they were the EXACT same car and the only difference is that the one is AWD and the other FWD that everything would be able to be swapped minus the trans.
Old 11-13-2006   #4
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

4g63 is a 4g63.
Just remember when you swap the motors to also swap the starter plate . Those are different between the AWD and fwd.
Only runs on 2 cylinders? Ouch, that could be many many things.
Old 11-13-2006   #5
flametail

Thanks for the info...swap starter plate...I'll make sure to remember that. Maybe my dad will be inclined to buy them now that I know I can swap them...I don't care what happens to the FWD, the AWD is the one that I care about...